Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WIREFLY NATIONAL MARATHON

This is a quick email I composed to send to the DRS (Dead Runners Society) list

I was a little disappointed with my time -

3 3213 Charles Brooks 60 Havertown PA 1:54:33

but the 3 means I was third out of twenty in my age group. Thought I had a faster half marathon in me but it wasn't to be today. Very slow start. The field lined up without direction and without pace seeding. The first two miles very very slow, but generally I was a off on almost every mile. Partly this was due to my taking more time at the water stops because of the humidity. Lost my gel at mile two. Don't know if it makes a difference but I wish I had had it.

Very low key affair. Tiny, tiny expo. I never thought there could be less spectators then at Philly but this has to be the least specators I have ever see - especially since there were a few thousands runners.

Once you are out of the museum area there isn't much to see but running in Washington is always kind of cool. There is a short out and back portion so you get to see the leaders.

No comments: