Saturday, September 10, 2005

Main Line Chamber of Commerce 5K

I decided to run this 5K because a friend is the race director. He did a very nice job with the set up and organization. My only gripe is the race shirt. Is it just me or have race shirts gotten kind of blah?

It was a nice morning – in the 60s with low humidity. My kind of running weather. This was a much bigger race than my last one but it still had very much a community affair feeling. Lots of kids in the race and a few did quite well.

The race starts at Wayne Middle School and consists of two loops along Lancaster Avenue. I liked the double loop because I got to see the all the other runners both faster and slower. I only wanted to run hard and consistently and not risk injury before next week’s distance run. Ran just below 8 minutes per mile. The last mile was probably a little slower than I wanted but there was no one passing me. As I ran down the last hill I saw the clock just tick over 24. Should have pushed that last mile a little harder.

Felt good to be racing even if not very fast. I am looking forward to next week’s half.

No comments: