Saturday, February 18, 2006

“ . . . true wisdom comes when you see the extraordinary nature of ordinary things “

Kevin Nelson in The Runner’s Book of Daily Inspiration

Well I don’t want to say I have achieved true wisdom, but I do feel that running in general but in particular trail running allows you to experience the extraordinary nature of ordinary things. I have noticed that when on the trails you become attuned to the world around you. You notice the shape and texture of the world.

I like the way the woods change as the seasons progress. Light can be filtered through clouds or come out of a clear, blue sky and as dawn first recedes and then comes back the trees reveal different aspects of shape and form.

The quiet winter wood will soon give way to the noisy spring as birds seek mates and territory. The somber colors of winter will soon give way to green, but this week it was snow that made it own changes on the landscape.

I am glad to have the chance to see the extraordinary nature of ordinary things.



No comments: