Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A few months back I looked at the world of Wiki's.

I was recently contacted by pbwiki that they would double my storage space if I wrote about them in a blog or a newsletter.

I found this definition of a wiki:

"Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly."


It occurred to me that a wiki might be of interest to the general Dead Runners Society community and the the Bryn Mawr Running Community so I have written both groups and suggested the membership consider a wiki.

A wiki could be the place where all those FAQs could go. For example, new members could be pointed there for the definition of ORN. There could be a page devoted to shoe reviews, favorite races. or favorite home town routes.

I am excited about the possibilities of a wiki and think it is the perfect form for communities like the Dead Runners and Bryn Mawr where there is a large pool of "institutional" memory just waiting to be captured and displayed in a user friendly way.

Here's a link to the pbwiki:


PBwiki logo

No comments: