Sunday, March 12, 2006



Caesar Rodney Half Marathon

This is one of the races I have regularly run since I started racing. Since I ran ten miles both on Friday and Saturday I didn't expect a PR. It was cool and rainy. In fact the rain came down heavily until just before race time. Fortunately, it was mostly dry during the race. I had hoped for a sub 2 hour run and came in at 1:58. The first seven miles I was paced by my friend Mukund who kept us nice and steady.

This race is three miles thru downtown Wilmington including the ever changing waterfront. Then into Brandywine Park where it follows the exact same route as the Icicle Run.

The run ends with a slightly different finish than Icicle with a longish climb up a steep hill.

I felt the fatigue in my legs in the last miles but was satisfied overall.

It was fun running with a friend and I always enjoy the hubbub of a big race.

No comments: