Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday's Run

Last week the snow seemed to deep for a trail run so I stayed close to home. This week I didn't want to lose the opportunity to be in the park so I chose to run on the multi purpose path in Ridley Park. The path is a 5 mile loop - a two mile uphill and two mile downhill. Just after you enter the park you pass this waterfall. Despite the warmer temps this week you can see the ice hanging down.



waterfall
Posted by Hello

After a two mile climb the path straightens out - I stopped and looked back getting this photo:


looking back
Posted by Hello


I then turned and got this photo - just ahead is the border with Tyler Arboretum and the turn that will lead to the two mile downhill.


toward tyler
Posted by Hello

A little further on I snapped this sign which explains the deer fence and what happens when too many deer browse the vegetation. I wanted to add photos of the deer but the two I saw disappeared too quickly for a photo.


about deer
Posted by Hello

I enjoyed this run a great deal and only regret I didn't get on the trail.

No comments: