Tuesday, December 20, 2005

(Running in a) Winter Wonderland

by Tracey Grzegorczyk, Dec. 23, 1994, to the tune of the same title

Sleighbells ring, are you listening?
On the lane, ice is glistening
A humbling sight,
'cuz I'm running tonight...
Running in a winter wonderland.

Gone til May are my singlets
packed away are my half-splits
I run through the night
in fleece, gloves and tights...
Running in a winter wonderland

Past the meadow I confront a snowplow.
And it seems that he will run me down.
He'll say, "Are you crazy?"
I'll say, "No, man!"
And then proceed to fall and slide around.

Later on, I'll perspire
while my lungs feel like fire.
I can't feel my nose,
my toes are all froze,
Running in a winter wonderland.

Down the street I see a drifting snowbank.
There's no way that I can get around.
My Nikes can't get traction
and I scramble...
I end up eating snow on my way down.

When it snows, ain't it thrilling?
Though your buns get a chilling.
I'll run every day,
the dead-runner way...
Running in a winter wonderland. ;-)

No comments: