Friday, August 08, 2003

Friday Run

Because there has been so much rain and the morning looked so wet I opted to use the multi-use trail at Ridley Creek Park rather then in the woods.
The trail is a good hill workout. Usually I take the loop by going right which leads up but at what seems a more relaxed grade then the left fork which goes sharply up hill for almost a full mile. This morning I chose to do the hard uphill first. Quiet, peaceful morning. Last year when I first took to this path we were in a drought and the creek was quite low, but this morning it churns and roils noisily. A few other runners, dog walkers, and strollers but mostly I have the trail to myself. There is a field of corn that seems to in the park and I wonder who farms it and why and what happens to the produce. There's actually a little sunshine by the finish and despite the high dew point it's a very nice morning. Just above Sycamore Mills Dam the water is cover by water striders who flash like winking lights. The link is to a story published just yesterday about these fascinating insects who seem to walk on water.

No comments: