Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Prediction Runs

Well I went to the prediction run but only because my wife is so kind. I was held up at work. (Why does anyone think a meeting 15 minutes before quitting etime is a good idea?) Well I knew that if I got the the nursing home at 5:30 there was no hope of being in Bryn Mawr in time for the run. My wife offered to pick up Aunt Peg - it really was nice of her since she had already done her bit by taking my Aunt to the doctor. I better come up big time for her birthday Sunday.

So what is a prediction run. You pick a distance and run without a watch. You predict your finish time. The winner is whoever comes closest to their predicted time. Speed is not necessary. Of course the fast runners are ofter runners who have a metronome in their heads. I just go out and run hard and figure if I pick a fast time I might get there on schedule. Now some people run this course every Wednesday and I believe that would help. Although, I had done this course twice before I had conveniently forgotten just how hilly it was. Well if I do it again I'll be ready (yeah that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Nice part of this run is that afterwards there is a meal and drink. Great fun.


No comments: